Franklin Resources is a financial services holding company which provides investment management, trust and stock transfer services, distributes hundreds of mutual funds worldwide and sells insurance products, tax shelter investments and closed end funds to a wide variety of commercial, industrial, institutional and governmental organizations. The company has grown its dividend and profits at a 14-15% pace over the last 10 years while earning a 15%+ return on equity.
experienced profit difficulties in 2009 but earnings rebounded and should
continue to increase as a result of;
(1) an ongoing aggressive cost cutting program,
(2) its breadth and innovative product offerings provide a competitive advantage,
(3) international expansion,
(4) a stock buyback program,
(5) expand its strategic product offerings via acquisition [recent acquisitions---Pelagos Capital Management and K2Advisors].
(1) its business is subject to numerous overlapping and changing rules, regulations and legal interpretations,
(2) exchange rate risk,
(3) an increasingly competitive industry,
(4) rising operating expenses.
Stock Dividend Payout # Increases
Yield Growth Rate Ratio Since 2003
Debt/ EPS Down Net Value Line
Equity ROE Since 2003 Margin Rating
BEN stock made good progress off its March
2009 low, surpassing the downtrend off its October 2007 high (red line) and the
November 2008 trading high (green line).
Long term, the stock is in an uptrend (straight blue lines). Intermediate term, BEN
is challenging its intermediate term uptrend (purple lines). The wiggly blue line is on balance
volume. The Aggressive Growth Portfolio
owns a 75% position in BEN. The upper boundary of its
is $18. The lower boundary of its Buy
is $58. Sell